محرجة اني باكتب عن خالي يعني، بس ده خبر وما وصلش مصر فمضطرة انا اللي اقوله
الدكتور اسماعيل كاظم تم تكريمه ومنحه الزمالة من الجمعية الامريكية لعلاج الاورام بالاشعاع، وهي اهم سوسيتي لعلاج الاورام بالاشعاع في العالم والدكتور اسماعيل كاظم هو المصري والعربي والمسلم الوحيد اللي اخد الدرجة دي السنة دي من بين 11 عالم
وده البيان الصحفي بتاع الجمعيةPress Release: ASTRO announces 2010 Fellows class
ASTRO announces 2010 Fellows class
Fairfax, Va., July 7, 2010 - The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) has named its 2010 class of Fellows. These 11 distinguished members will receive their Fellow designation at a ceremony during the 52nd Annual Meeting being held October 31 – November 4, 2010, at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego.
"ASTRO Fellows are some of the most revered and accomplished members of the radiation oncology community and receiving this distinction is a great honor," Anthony Zietman, M.D., ASTRO president and a radiation oncologist at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, said. "Congratulations to this year's class."
Members of ASTRO are eligible to become a Fellow if they have been part of the Society for at least 20 years, have served in a leadership role for the organization and have made a significant contribution to the field of radiation oncology. The primary pathways to becoming a Fellow are excellence in research, patient care, education and leadership/service. The Society values contributions to all four areas; however, each nominee needed to have a truly outstanding contribution to at least one of the pathways to be named a Fellow.
The nominations were reviewed by the nine-member Fellows Selection Committee who made recommendations to the ASTRO Board of Directors.
This year's Fellows class includes:
* Mitchell S. Anscher, M.D., Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
* Robert L. Foote, M.D., Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
* Michael T. Gillin, Ph.D., M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
* Kathryn M. Greven, M.D., Wake Forest University Cancer Center, Winston-Salem, N.C.
* Ismail Kazem, M.D., James A. Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, Fla.
* Lawrence B. Marks, M.D., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
* Lori J. Pierce, M.D., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
* Marcus E. Randall, M.D., University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Ky.
* Howard M. Sandler, M.D., Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute, Los Angeles
* James B. Smathers, Ph.D., UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
* Terry J. Wall, M.D., J.D., St. Luke's Cancer Institute, Kansas City, Mo.
For more information on ASTRO's 52nd Annual Meeting, visit www.astro.org. To learn more about radiation therapy treatments, visit www.rtanswers.org.
ASTRO is the largest radiation oncology society in the world, with more than 10,000 members who specialize in treating patients with radiation therapies. As the leading organization in radiation oncology, biology and physics, the Society is dedicated to improving patient care through education, clinical practice, advancement of science and advocacy. For more information on radiation therapy, visit www.rtanswers.org. To learn more about ASTRO, visit www.astro.org.